Last week I got a notification from a fellow blogger, Rashmi Kashyap. She nominated me for an award: Liebster Award
Although I don’t know the origin of the word ‘Liebster’ in this particular case, I assume it is German, because it is a German word meaning ‘most beloved’ and can mean a person as well as a thing or a place. In this context, this award could be donated to a blog, that the donator loves most. So, I’m very honoured by getting this award. Thanks you very much, Rashmi.
As the other awards, this one is connected to some rules:
Here goes the rules of this award, let me do the needful:
1. Link and thank the person who nominated you – done
2. Answer the questions they asked you – done, scroll down
3. Pick eleven awesome bloggers to nominate ( preferably those with less than or around 200 followers ) – done
4. Ask them eleven questions – done
5. Let them know by commenting on one of their posts – done
These are my answers on Rashmi’s questions:
What was your reaction to this award nomination?
As I wrote above, I’m very honored and pleased by getting the nomination.
Why people should visit your blog?
See some photos taken in interesting places showing the beauty of nature and differences in culture. Get in touch with interesting places.
Share with us your most happiest moment.
There are so many memories of very happy moments in my life. I guess, the happiest moment was when I held my first-born child in my arms.
What prompted you to become a blogger?
The usual photo galleries don’t allow to write more than a title for a photo and my aim was to write a bit more on them, thus a wordpress blog became the appropriate platform.
Given an opportunity to pursue your hobby, what it would be?
No choise: catching light with my camera. 🙂
What do you prefer? A loner, lost in your own dream world or a popular bee surrounded with fans.
I like to be in company with a few good friends, but I’d prefer being alone with the beauty of nature, than being surrounded by dull and annoying blatherers.
Which has been your most successful post so far?
Which is the first thing you look for as soon as you log in to your blog?
I don’t give much on statistics. I respond to every like or comment, at least I check every likers blog. But, my usual login is for writing a new post. I have a shortcut bringing me directly to the editing page.
Do you need prompts to motivate you? If yes, which was that?
No. As long as I have enough stuff for my regular schedule, I don’t need such prompts. But I like the weekly photo contest organized by The Daily Prompt, because I get a different view on my own portfolio.
Have you ever experienced writer’s block? How did you deal with it?
No. I usually write about trips. Thus, the photos and / or the locations give enough to tell.
Which is your favorite book and why?
There are a few of them:
– The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.
– The mists of Avalon by M. Zimmer-Bradley- World of Tiers by P.J. Farmer
– World of Tiers by P.J. Farmer
– Shogun by J. Clavell
All of these have in common, their authors were able to invent a complete independent world following its own rules and creating a kind of addiction. They describe their worlds so three-dimensional that I feel, being part of the story. Not only a reader, but also a character inside the story: to be in the thick of it instead of near by!
Here are my eleven questions:
1. What was your reaction to this award nomination?
2. Why people should visit your blog?
3. What prompted you to become a blogger?
4. Do you need prompts to motivate you? If yes, which was that?
5. Which is the first thing you look for as soon as you log in to your blog?
6. Given an opportunity to pursue your hobby, what it would be?
7. Have you ever experienced writer’s block? How did you deal with it?
8. Would you like to be someone else (alive or death)? And if so, who?
9. What do you lack most in your skills?
10. Which of your skills do you like most?
11. Which advise do you have for a new blogger?
And finally here are my nominees:
1. Leanne Cole from Australia
2. Léa from France
3. Emerald Wake from Poland
4. Odile from France
5. Stéphane from France
6. Sharika from South Africa
7. Jeff Sinon from the US
8. Mark Kertesz
9. Robert from Germany
10. Liz from the UK
11. Lignum Draco from Australia
All of them inspire me with their photos. They are all very talented photographers, each on his/her own field.
Thank you all for inspiring me.